Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SLJ Battle of the Books

For the last few years, School Library Journal has hosted a Battle of Kids Books online. It's rather addicting . . .

Brackets are put together, famous authors are judges, books battle head-to-head until the Big Kahuna Round, when one book stands tall. Last year, that honor went to MARCHING FOR FREEDOM by Elizabeth Partidge. The year before it went to THE HUNGER GAMES.

This year, a few of my favorites are included in the bracket, namely THE DREAMER and A TALE DARK AND GRIMM.

While THE DREAMER remains my favorite book of 2010, for some reason I find myself rooting for A TALE DARK AND GRIMM here. I can't explain it. I don't have to!

So if anyone is reading this, follow this link and vote for A TALE DARK AND GRIMM. If it gets enough votes in the Undead Poll, and is knocked out of the competition too early (although I highly doubt it with R.L. Stine judging the first round), it could still be alive and reintroduced for the Big Kahuna round!

And if the Grimm Brothers and Adam Gidwitz are too violent for you, then please cast your vote for THE DREAMER.

No comments:

Post a Comment